Due to equipment issues the Mass at St. Vincent's will no longer be recorded. You can watch Daily and Saturday Vigil Mass each week at St. Peter's Catheral in Scranton.
News You Can Use
No More Mass Reservations!!!
The Diocese of Scranton has updated the Guidelines for public Masses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of May 15 the following changes are effective:
- Reservations are no longer required to attend Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Parish.
- Individuals who are fully vaccinated from COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask while attending Mass or receiving Holy Communion. Fully vaccinated individuals are welcome to continue wearing masks at Mass if desired for personal protection and/or comfort.
- Individuals aged two or older who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear a properly-fitting face covering that covers their nose and mouth while attending Mass and while receiving Holy Communion. Masks may briefly be removed in order to consume the Sacred Host.
- “Fully vaccinated” is defined as being two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Holy Communion is restored to its proper place in the Mass.
- Separate entrance/exit restrictions are lifted.
- Pews will no longer be blocked off but parishioners are reminded to maximize the space as much as possible.
- Hymnals are returned to the pews but congregational singing continues to be discouraged. Parishioners are encouraged to pray along silently with the words of the hymns or speak the words in a quiet voice.
- Holy water fonts will be filled and cleaned on a regular basis.
The following will continue:
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass and Masses on holy days remains suspended at this time. People who are at risk because of an underlying health issue or who are elderly or infirm are encouraged to participate in televised or virtual Masses for their own health and to avoid any risk of contracting the virus.
- The Sign of Peace continues to be celebrated without physical contact between non-family
- Distribution of the Precious Blood remains suspended.
Loaves and Fishes Gift Cards - available for purchase in the narthex before and after all weekend Masses. The profit made in sales helps aid the parish in meeting its budget. Cash or check only. More information is available here.
Saturday, June19, Catholic Women's Conference - Refresh your faith with merciful love at the next Catholic Women's Conference to be held Saturday, June 19 under the tent at Marywood University, Scranton. Mass, speakers, music, Eucharistic Adoration and much more. Live and virtual live-streaming options available. For more information and registration, click here.
July 10 and 11 - Stitchers and Crafters Summer Sale. Handcrafted items, basket raffle, baked goods and 50/50. Saturday 12 - 6 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. All proceeds support the parish Sharing Fund.
July 12 - Diocese of Scranton Vocations Golf Classic, Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, Mountain Top, PA. More information.
Sacrament of Reconciliation, Mondays 7 p.m. in the chapel. Participants will wait in the area outside the parish office. Father will sanitize the chapel area after each person and notify the next person when he is ready. If you are not able to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation please refer to: Perfect Contrition and Plenary Indulgence
Need Help with Rent or Utilities? - Check out the Pike County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
PA Older Adults Pen Pal Program - an effort to combat social isolation experienced by older adults in long-term care facilities during the pandemic. Learn more and sign up to become a Pen Pal.
The chapel is available for personal prayer Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from noon until 3 p.m. Please stop by the office for access to the chapel where the Lord is sacramentally present.
Liturgy of the Word for Children - is on break for the summer and plans are to resume in person during the 11:15 a.m. Sunday Mass in the Fall. More information can be found here.
Virtual Coffee Hour - reconnect with fellow St. Vincent's parishioners via Zoom - each Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Learn more.
Submit a Prayer Request online and let the St. Vincent de Paul Prayer Warriors lift up your intention. Please no political requests. They will not be posted. See current prayer submissions. If you have an iOS or Android device you can be notified of new prayer requests. Learn more.
Sharing the Sunday Readings (virtually) - Tuesdays at 6:30 via Zoom. More information and registration.
Food Pantry Donations - Items for the Blooming Grove Food Pantry at St. John Neumann Church (705 Route 739) can be dropped off directly at St. John's in the bins to the right as you enter the church. Thanks for your generosity.
Lemonade Out of Lemons
The video camera that has been used to record the 4 p.m. Mass at St. Vincent's for the past year has developed problems and we are no longer able record the Mass at this time. We've decided to make lemonade out of lemons and see this as an opportunity to upgrade the equipment so that Mass can not only be recorded but livestreamed. Two remote controlled cameras will be purchased, one mounted above the baptismal font and the other above the Stations of the Cross. This is an expensive project (approximately $6,750) that is not in the budget but once implemented it will allow the homebound and those unable to attend Mass in person to participate from home. Any donation you can provide for this worthwhile project is greatly appreciated. Donations can be mailed to the parish office or dropped in the donation box by the Baptismal Font. Please designate "Video Project" on the envelope. You can also donate online.
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9 a.m.
Monday 7 p.m. in the Chapel or by appointment
Grow+Go content is designed to help parishioners understand what it means to be an evangelizing disciple of Christ. Using the Sunday Scriptures as the basis for reflection, Grow+Go offers insight into how we can all more fully GROW as disciples and then GO evangelize, fulfilling Christ's Great Commission to "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19) The concept behind the weekly series is to make discipleship and evangelization simple, concrete and relatable. Look for Grow+Go on our parish website, Facebook and St. Vincent's Updates weekly email.
Help St. Vincent's Weather the Storm
Thank you to everyone who has continued to support our parish financially. We know that everyone is experiencing tough times because of what is going on in our country and world. The sacrifice you continue to make is deeply appreciated. If you are unable to assist us financially at this time, please keep us in your prayers.
- Sign up for online giving. WeShare makes the online experience simple and sustainable. WeShare FAQ.
- Place your offering in the stationary, secure box by the Baptismal font when you attend mass.
- Place your offering in the locked box on the wall near the parish office door.
- Mail your offertory donation to the parish office at 101 St. Vincent Dr., Milford, PA 18337-9672.